Pete
Today is the second anniversary of the sudden and untimely death of my brother.
I gathered with family and friends to celebrate his life and his memory today.
I took this photo of him on a trip to Mexico in 2005, he was 20.
To me, this sunny, tropical and carefree photo represents his life and personality in many ways.
I also imagine it is what he looks like now, in heaven.
Pete was 23 when we lost him two years ago. This is the year I will grow older than my big brother.
He will live on in his fun-loving youth for eternity, and I know when I see him again he will look just like this - just waiting for me to join him in the next big party.
I love and miss you, Pete.
Your memory will be strong in my heart until I see you again.
Love, your little sis.

2 comments:
so sweet. I always imagine him looking like this too. just smiling, and ready for anything. xoxo
"This is the year I will grow older than my big brother."
that part totally chokes me up.
xxoo
Post a Comment