BABY GAGA
Five months ago, Kat and I bought tickets to see Lady Gaga perform at the Tacoma Dome literally the second they went on sale.
For months we dreamt of what it would be like to finally see her on the stage. What would we wear for the big day? What songs would she sing? Would she be everything we'd hoped for? More?
It was like being pregnant with Gaga.
Finally the big day arrived. We got to see her in action - large and in charge on the big, multi-tiered, fire-laden stage, with our very own eyes.
And just like what I would imagine giving birth to a child must be like, the event did not disappoint.
Us and 20,000 other "little monsters" oohed, ahhed, sang and danced to 1.5 hours of possibly one of the best pop-spectacles in the world's history.
I did the splits.Twice.
We both got teary-eyed during the show (one of us more than the other).
When it was over, we were filled to the brim with love, adoration, adrenaline and her catchy tunes.
I woke several times throughout the night with "Speechless" playing over and over in my head.
It was pure Gagadom.
I wasn't allowed to bring my "professional" camera to the general admission section of the dome, but we set up the tripod in Kat's backyard to get a couple shots of our Lady-Gaga-inspired duds before we strutted down McKinley Hill to the show...
.
Tiny-Dancer Gaga
God-Bless-America-for-Gaga Gaga
The amazing Lady herself
photo by Rocky C. Ross, freelance photographer for the Tacoma Weekly.
photo by Rocky C. Ross, freelance photographer for the Tacoma Weekly.



1 comment:
I love it! And I think you are spot on with "it was like being pregnant with Gaga", because I was so excited FOR you and I could hardly wait for my little niece Gaga to arrive either...even though she was all yours. Congrats on her arrival, and did you really wear that in public? xoxo
Post a Comment