Washington D.C.
I was lucky enough to spend the last five days with three of my oldest, closest and dearest friends.
My roommate Courtnay and I first flew to Richmond, Virginia to meet up with Rianne - my best friend since sixth grade.
The three of us hung out in her current locale (Chester/Richmond - where is is working on a 18-month internship at Fort Lee). We met all her new friends, ate some delicious food, and went out with a bang on the streets of Richmond Friday night.
Saturday, we packed up and headed to our nation's capitol to meet our other friend Lauren, whom we've also known since sixth grade, and in those days, the four of us were practically in separable.
None of us can even remember the last time we all hung out as a group, so this trip was a pretty big deal.
We spent two days in Washington D.C., touring the sights of America (or Amuricuh as I called it), trying to keep our conversations as patriotic as possible. I donned red-white and blue on Sunday (or main sight-seeing day) and topics of conversation ranged from who is your favorite (aka the hottest) president, and what is Labor Day really all about.
It was so great to see the "other" Washington and get to re-unite with three of my best girls.
Definitely five days well spent.
Here are just a few shots of our fabulous East Coast weekend:
| We started out our weekend Thursday night in Chester with dinner at Uno's and a trip to the E. Hundred Highway's favorite biker bar, the Steel Horse. The people there were incredibly friendly... |
| Here we are on the patio at the Steel Horse... please note our new "friend" lurking behind us... |
| Sunday, we toured the city... |
| As did these lovely people on Segway scooters... it's the new thing, apparently... "Segs in the City." The "clever" title did not make the tour group any more "hip." Trust me. |
| The White House |
| Lauren was our navigation system. |
![]() |
| Woo-hoo for Amuricuh! |
| D.C. squirrels are not more afraid of you than you are of them... |
| The Babe. |
| The Smithsonian's Natural History Museum was a zoo. |
| Elephant! |
| Last night partying at Third Edition in Georgetown. |
Fun-filled weekend topped off with Labor Day brunch at the Commissary. | . |
The End!


3 comments:
Looks like a great trip!!!
I really love the shot of that elephant, Clare!
I love so many of these pictures! Is there really no fence around the white house? I love your caption about the natural history museum being a zoo...hardy har har. I love the photo of "the babe", etc. but, I REALLY love that you're back! xoxo
Post a Comment