THANKS!
For a limited time only, Caffe Dei is slangin out some mind-bogglingly good sandwiches that will surely make any vegetarian/vegan give thanks this week.
Naturally, Courtnay and I jumped on the "Holiday Leftovers" sandwich the first chance we had.
We debated splitting the hefty creation, but in the end, both went for the full dish (I don't regret it).
It was such a delicious layering of crusty foccacia bread, homemade mashed potatoes and gravy, cranberry sauce, cheese and thick Thanksgiving slabs of Celebration Roast, there was no turning back after bite one.
After eating the whole thing, I really wanted to take a nap and I'm pretty sure there's no tryptophan in meatless "turkey," so obviously it was all my energy being forced into the large digestive endeavor that sucked the life right out of me.
And I still want another one.
Thanks Caffe Dei! What better way to kick off the holidays than with leftovers.

I'm linking this up to And Then She Snapped's (aka my sister's) "Show {off} Your Shot" weekly photo challenge.
This photo was good SOOC, but the animated nature of Courtnay's facial expression made me want to tinker a bit with the editing. I ran a "creamy chocolate" black and white action, took the creamy off and sharpened the sandwich (wanted that to stand out) and further adjusted the layers to blow out the background and further dramatize the subject.
There you have it! :)

3 comments:
yum. that'd be REALLY good with some meat on it. : )
Oh. No wonder Courtnay went there like a gazillion times recently, didn't know they had switched it up or i'd been all over that too!
I didnt see this pic yet but I love it. It looks so much better with the editing. You rock. And I'm ready to go back whenever you are. I have a 5day weekend this week so jsut tell me when and where (maybe buy u some birthday goodness on monday???)
Post a Comment