Monday, December 27, 2010

365 Day Project - Day 308



Sick day dinner


Today was kinda boring. 
I stayed in and worked from home because I wasn't feeling well. 
Slept a lot. Watched "Dexter."
And got some work done. 
The highlight of my day was dinner (when I was finally feeling better at about 8 p.m.)
I wanted Mexican so we went to Moctezuma's. 
Their menu had changed since the last time I had been there, which meant slightly higher prices, but also a new menu item I could not resist!

I present to you: Chimichanga Del Mar. 



I get pretty excited when restaurants offer seafood chimichangas, and since it is a little on the unusual side, whenever I see them on the menu, I am obligated to order it.

This particular version was piles of real crab (not Krab) and fresh bay shrimp wrapped in a flour tortilla, deep fried, and covered in a "rich cream sauce" with impeccably flavored sauteed mushrooms. 

I about died. 

It was so good. I probably gained 6 pounds, but whatever, it's still "the holidays" and I made it my mission to be as Jolly as possible this holiday season.

Come 2011, I'll be on a mission to suck that jolly right back outta me with regular work outs again and a sensible eating plan. 

Until then, bring on the cream-covered, deep-friend decadence!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...