Thursday, March 31, 2011

Naked Sundays.




Naked Sundays are a great philosophy to employ in life (preferably when you don't have roommates, or live with your kids/parents).

It's basic. It's natural. It's fun. And it's daring.

It's also a great philosophy to apply to photography, which is why I'm starting the Naked Sundays photo challenge.

Each week I will post a photo, completely naked:* unedited, untouched, unprocessed - literally straight off the camera and straight onto my blog - as a way to get back to the basics, and get back to  appreciating the true fundamentals of photo-taking: composition, lighting and focus.

Don't get me wrong - I have crazy fun with Photoshop just like the next person, but let's face it, anyone can make an image look "cool" by running the gamut of adjustments and layers.
And I realize even really good photos can benefit from a slight levels adjustment, sharpening and a saturation bump, but I personally find it even more exciting when I take a photo that is pretty much perfect as-is.

See example below:

(the "point" at Point Defiance, March 20, 2011)





So join me as I get naked (or just watch, if you prefer to be a perv...)
I will be installing my link-up tool this weekend so you can share your naked photos as well -
whether they be perfect, almost perfect, or not even close... Naked Sundays is the place to bear it all!


* actually wearing clothes while posting is totally up to you.





P.S.


and then, she {snapped}

I'm linking this photo up to my sister's weekly "Show off your shot" photo challenge... Check it!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...