Friday, October 15, 2010

365 Day Project - Day 235



Flashback Friday:

"Kids of the '90s"



Me, my big brother Pete and cousin Talia being really cool and trying to recreate my brother's Nirvana poster hanging behind us.

I was probably 7 or 8 in this picture, Pete about 10 and Talia probably 8 or 9.
 I feel like this photo pretty much sums up Pete and I's youth, which was heavily influenced by music, as well as the sheer uncensoredness our parents had on what we listened to as kids.

Being the youngest of two super-cool big brothers and a sister, I was pretty much immersed in (what I still consider) 'good'  music for as long as I can remember...

I was singing the Pixies' "Debaser" at age 5, trying to figure out how to play Rancid's "Time bomb" on my mom's piano at age 6 and naively impersonated Kurt Cobain with a rendition of  "Rape Me" to my mother one morning (that did not go over well...)

A story I wrote and illustrated in second-grade prominently featured Kurt Loader, the Cranberries and several members of Greenday.

I was literally a poster-child* for '90s music, and I think this photo says it all...



*pun intended






3 comments:

Heidi said...

I love this so much! Though this post post makes me feel so old because I was in college at the time. Ah, good, good times.

rachel said...

awesome. don't you think camden looks like pete? it's freaky sometimes! xoxo

Lexie said...

That is aaaaawesome!! Haha you guys are so cute!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...