Locals!
Today, Sean and I spent pretty much the entire day hanging out in Downtown Tacoma.
It started at around 3:30 p.m. when we went to Sanford and Son's Harvest Fair
(Us in an antique mirror.)
We each entered a friendly competition in our most talented fields (me in photography and Sean in awesome moustache-growing.)
Then, we walked down the street to a new bar The Office to check out their official "Grand Opening" day deals:
99 cent Hamm's and $3 apps.
We got the fried macaroni and cheese and fiesta poppers, of course.
yum.
Then it was back up to Sanford and Son's to see how we fared in the competitions.
I got second place in the "Best Photo of Downtown Tacoma" for my photo "Tacoma, the Beautiful" (original version featured as POTD 166 but I spruced it up a little more for the special event)
And Sean got first place for "Tacoma's Scruffiest Moustache."
Here he is with his prestigious Bic-Razor-Award and his ribbon for third place in the "Fantasy Moustache" category:
Following our award-winning success at the Harvest Fair, we went to the The Red Hot, for some more food and beer.
Then, Hell's Kitchen for the reunion show of Stabwound (Sean's old band from back in the day), interspersed with some more 99 cent Hamm's at The Office and a round of pinball at Dorky's Barcade.
I'm pretty sure I said "This is SO fun!" (coupled with an enthusiastic fist pump or high five) like seven times throughout the day.
Woo-hoo Saturday!




1 comment:
I love that first picture. Awesome! Sean just needs a pitchfork in this hand. And congrats to you both for winning your respective categories! I'd like to see who got first place. I'm sure it was rigged. ; )
xoxo
Post a Comment