Wednesday, December 15, 2010

365 Day Project - Day 295

Ladies and gentleman, we have a grocer!



I'd be excited about any grocery store coming to the Edison/South Tacoma Way neighborhood (for a long time, the closest full grocery store was a Safeway on 38th and 'M' Street...across the freeway) but the fact that it's a GROCERY OUTLET makes it like 10 times cooler!
I only started shopping at Grocery Outlet this summer, and would go to the one on 6th Avenue after work, because it's near my office. The deals were mind boggling, and the selection was better than I ever expected, but it was much too far to just "run to the Grocery Outlet" to pick up a little something if I was already at home, far away, in South Tacoma.

So anyways, the new Grocery Outlet opened this week and it is like six blocks from my house. I could walk there. I went there today for the first time, and was thoroughly impressed. It was even better  than the 6th Ave store (sorry 6th Ave store!)
The decor was much more modern and stylish (or first things first, there actually is a tangible decor) the produce section was much better, and the freezer/refrigerated items are in actual cases with doors, not shallow bins you have to dig through.

SO I snapped this shot excitedly on my phone camera on my way in. An annoyed truck driver rushed me, so the shot was kinda lame, but I messed with the levels a bit to give it a dramatic "Film Noir" look. The store is fancy enough to be deserving of the classy effect, trust me.

And check it out for yourself!  You won't regret it :)




Published with Blogger-droid v1.6.3

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...