THE MELVINS
Buzz on guitar. Who says turtlenecks and farm animals aren't rock and roll?
Jared on bass. This was after he took off his sequined cape.
Dale and Coady's double drum finale.
The Melvins (which currently consists of founding member Buzz Osborne, long-time drummer Dale Crover, and the bass and drum duo Big Business ((comprised of former Karp front man Jared Willis and The Murder City Devils drummer Coady Willis))... get all that?) ROCKED Hell's Kitchen tonight.
I can't say I'm totally surprised, because the Melvins (especially in their current, aforementioned line-up) thoroughly rock, but I have to admit- I enjoyed the show even more than I thought I would.
For a band that has existed longer than I have been alive, the Melvins are a far cry from being old (even despite the gray hairs).
They are as deafening, energetic and creative as ever, and delivered a line-up that could do no wrong (they EVEN played a KARP song! I about fainted...)
Prior to the show, I was lucky enough to interview Buzz for a preview article in the Weekly.
At the show, I got to actually meet Jared and gush over his musical makings for a few.
(He said he didn't mind- his head can only get bigger. And for the record, his hair is already damn huge. I think even has Sean 'fro envy.)
Monday night has never rocked so hard.



2 comments:
awesome! haha...sean has 'fro envy.
The outfits are soooo out there.
Post a Comment